Click on "Students" at the top of any page to access resources in the Student Portal.
As a school family, we support, listen to, and challenge each other and our students. We ensure that every adult and student has opportunities to pursue their passions. We honor and share each of our individual stories as well as our collective story. We recognize that our differences make us stronger and that together we are better than we could ever be alone.
These are some of the programs we offer to foster a culture of learning and caring both inside and outside of the classroom:
What is "Leader In Me?"
- A process that helps develop the essential life skills and characteristics students need in order to thrive in the 21st century.
- Uses Stephen Covey's, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People model, tailored to children and teachers in an education setting.
- Currently has been rolled out to more than 3,000 schools worldwide.
- For more information, please visit the Leader in Me website.
Why "Leader in Me?"
- Leader in Me encourages personal leadership-being accountable for actions and attitudes
- Initiative and self-discipline, making healthy choices
- Ability to work well with others, cross culturally and in teams
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and creative thinking skills
- Inspires greater self-confidence with a belief that very child can be a "leader of their own life," has unique talents and can make a difference.
- Teaches skills needed to be successful in the 21st century.
For more information about before and after school care at Springfield Plains Elementary School, visit the Kids Connection page or contact Ms. Vickie Murphy and Ms. Sharon Christianson at 248.623.3866.
Computer science is part of a broader body of digital literacy skills that are increasingly important as more and more of our life is managed by digital devices and applications. Students will work with an Instructional Technologist to learn how software is made by building custom projects and games. Since the curriculum is self-paced, they will also learn how to troubleshoot and problem solve, learn new skills, and collaborate with others.
New students to the SPE Coding Crew click here
Attendance for your Coding Crew click here
Join Scratch click here